Pages

October 07, 2012

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - NISHA THAKUR

We recently interviewed published author Nisha B Thakur


Short Bio :


Nisha lives in Navi Mumbai with her family. After completing her post graduation in Communication Management she worked as a copywriter with a reputed ad agency in Mumbai. She now works as a freelance copywriter cum screenwriter.
When she is not writing, she composes poetry. Apart from writing, she enjoys cooking being  a big foodie, reading novels, watching cinema and surfing the TV. She is a spiritual person and a follower of Vipasanna meditation. She believes in God, Karma and Karmic connections. By means of all the experiences of her life she has written her debut novel.
Nisha is presently juggling with freelance copy and screen writing projects. She aspires to be a known author and film writer. 

So here goes.


How did this book happen and why did you choose to write about it?
I wrote a film script titled "Pehele aap" a romantic comedy story. I circulated my script in various production houses but unfortunately, none showed any interest in my script. So I decided to convert my script into a novel- First You Plz.



When did you take to writing?
I started writing from my school days. I used to write poems and short stories. But I never had my blog, not even a diary. Few scribbles here and there on my book that’s how I started.

Where do you usually write? What is your favorite setting to write in?
I usually write on my mobile and favorite setting to write is my home.

Did this story  come to you easily or did you find yourself stuck with a writer’s block sometimes?
'First You Plz' was fairly clear on my mind. So penning it down was not an issue. But on one occasion where I was stuck badly was to pen down boy’s feelings for girl as I have never seen boys loving their girls truly. So penning down boy’s side was stuff.

Tell us about your life online and the sites you maintain
I maintain the following :
Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/FirstYouPlz

Twitter Handle- https://twitter.com/NishaBThakur
Web Blog- http://nishaistaleteller.blogspot.in/
  


What are your thoughts on life – The one thing that it takes to live it?
Live a simple life. Communicate, share your feelings and make your life simple. Missing someone, call them.  Have problems in life then discuss and solve it. If you love someone, say it. Don’t be in First You Plz frame of mind.

How has your experience been so far in the literary world? Any highs or lows being a part of this space that you would like to share here?
First You Plz is my debut novel and my first step in literary world. So it’s too early to comment.

Tell us something about your work & hobbies?
I am a freelance screenwriter and my hobbies are reading, gardening and cooking.

So how did it feel when you finally finished writing the book?
I was very happy and was very eager to showcase it to the entire world.

Top 3 All-time favourite books.
There are many. So rating top 3 is very difficult. Sidney Sheldon- The best laid plans is my one all time favorite.
  
Team Book Readers Lounge would like to thank Author Nisha for the interview and wish her luck for her debut novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment